Have been waiting for this time since long!
Winters just seem to have passed leaving loads of good cooking memories and loads full of yumilicious experiments in the Kitchen. Have been waiting to try my hands on the super-coolers loved by the young ones and elders alike, Ice Creams! The recipe includes simple ingredients generally available in the Kitchen with a bare minimal preparation time. Here’s the list of what goes in making this delightful treat:
- 500 gms fresh strawberries (Cleaned, Hulled, Chopped)
- 2 tbsp Castor Sugar
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
For Ice Cream:
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 200 ml cream (I used Amul)
- 200 ml Full Fat Milk
Here are the simple steps that go into making this delight!
Preparation of Strawberries:
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees
- Combine the strawberries with sugar, Balsamic Vinegar and Vanilla in a bowl, let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Pour the mixture in a baking tray
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes
- Once cooled, churn them up in a mixer – take out in a bowl, cover and refrigerate
Preparation for Ice Cream base:
- On a double boiler pour eggs, sugar and vanilla and whisk until the mixture looks shiny and smooth.
- Add the milk and cream and continue to whisk until the mixture is slightly thick
- Sieve the mixture and let it cool completely
- Refrigerate for minimum 4 hours or overnite
Making the Ice-cream
- Combine the custard and roasted strawberry paste and place it in your icecream machine
- Follow the manufacturer’s instruction of your machine to make the icecream
- However I made it without ice-cream machine
- Freeze the mixture for 45 minutes, take it out, whisk it nicely and put it back again
- Repeat the process of whisking and freezing every 45 minutes
- Took me around 5-6 hours for having the ice-cream perfectly set